Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 18, 2013

7/17 Tonya's Demo Day: Revision

The day is finally here!! My Demo on Revision.  In this photo, Kim holds a taped-together draft that her partner worked on for her.  My assignment asks writing partners to organize or arrange a piece of writing that has been cut apart, paragraph by paragraph.  It also invites readers to add three things that they want to know more about, based on this current draft.  It's a great strategy for reseeing one's own work.
I think my colleagues enjoyed this demo -- at least, I hope that they did!! My own students love doing this because they have difficulty shifting around paragraphs or even deleting sections of their papers that don't really belong or are woefully off track once they are written and embedded in the body of the paper.  This exercise helps students see their writing in a new way . . . and isn't that what we want them to do?

 

1 comment:

  1. I totally enjoyed your demo, Woman!!! Jenny was my partner and she helped me to look at my writing piece in a new way that I never would have without this activity. I also really enjoyed finding parts in our partners' writing in which we felt needed to be exploded and explored. Thanks for sharing your wisdom with us, oh great one!

    ReplyDelete