Total Pageviews

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Digital Frustration

OK. I am officially annoyed.  Today, mid-afternoon, I continued to calmly try to figure out Doceri, the platform I am using for my digital presentation.  I think the right term for what I'm doing here is called doing a screencast.   Still could not figure out how to upload it to You Tube so people can see it.  Decided to switch to a different platform altogether--and did that, moving to WeVideo.  Ok, fine.  Uploaded all of my photos.  Then could not figure out how to do a voice over.  It seems only to do video, and I don't want to do video.  I have all of these writerly artifacts that I've gone to great trouble to photograph and comment on--I want to use those.

So now I have to move from my place of denying frustration to fully embracing it.  I am frustrated!  Dave offered to help me do a video on a program he knows, but I don't want to to that. It's like cheating--I need to be able to figure this out on my own, not have someone "fix" it for me.  So I declined his well-meaning offer, and I am just going to school tomorrow with my "evidence" of two projects, and hope that it does affect my grade too badly.

I will also say this: what a good learning experience for me.  I mean, I assign digital things to my students all the time and then turn them loose to figure it out.  Of course, I am very lenient about how far they may actually get, acknowledging that students digital masteies vary widely.  I know what it feels like to be a student who isn't quite sure how to do something and now isn't going to be quite prepared for class.

And PS:  This is the thanks I get for starting work on this project on FRIDAY!!!! I am a master procrastinator, so I'm especially annoyed that my goody-two-shoedness did not pay off.    

No comments:

Post a Comment