Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wed., 7/3 SI: Demos

So glad that Demos are part of SI.  It's great to learn from each other--I got so much out of Jashonai's and Kendra's demos today. I'm thinking that Jashonai's demo about brainstorming memoir topics will work great as a slightly refigured literacy narrative assignment.  I like this idea from her demo about focusing on one idea--one important moment.  I would like to use her ideas and remediate them for literacy narrative work to help students focus on the one idea rather than write their life stories, which are usually pretty much the same and very boring.  I think the students are bored too, when they write them.  So new idea for that!!

Kendra's demo about "good writing" was amazing.  I am so stealing this.  Like Kendra, I want to do this exercise early in the semester to help us open up discussions about writing, about their experiences and expectations, and about my expectations for them as writers in my class.

In other news, feeling a bit under the gun about my digital presentation. I know what I am doing as far as what I'm covering.  I storyboarded my ideas, which are going to center on a lifetime of writing or a lifelong writer.  I want to use this site called Doceri, which is on my iPad.  I am not the greatest digital person so this assignment is a challenge for me.  But I am going to figure it out and do it!!! And then I will be proud!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Tonya, you are already a digital master just in your constant usage of all these tools! I have learned not every portal and platform fits your every need. However, the act of "play" will remind you later to use some of these digital platforms in another way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Meredith. I've had a dreadfully frustrating time with my digital project. I was so proud of myself for working on it on Friday and now I cannot figure out how to upload it anywhere to be seen. Argggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, am I with you on this one?!? I have put this project off until the last possible minute! I know that there will be a lesson in it for you that you didn't even expect. I say this because I've gotten one during this process. I hate to say "thanks a lot", but I truly am thankful! I remembered so much about myself as a writer from a totally different perspective than I normally would on paper or a journal. Of course I had technical difficulties and I just wanted to jump through the computer screen and slap all things technology-based. However, it amazingly worked itself out and now six hours later, I am done and feeling good about it. I can't wait until you can exhale your sigh of relief and accomplishment. I know it will be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete